Monday, November 05, 2007

Music at the movies - Greatest moments

As I was making my way to work today Mama Mia was on the radio the funny thing is that while listening to the song parts of that video was flashing through my head and thats how the idea for this was born :)

Movie: Grease
Song: Cast of Grease - Your the one that I want
if only the bloody drama class didn't tarnish that wonderful image in my head of the movie...


Movie: Aladdin
Song: Peter Andre and Katie Price Jordan - A Whole New World
this songs holds a special place cause it reminds me of a time when my voice wouldn't shatter glass, oh well a whole new world ...


Movie: Mary Poppins
Song: Mary Poppins - SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
If I only had a penny for every time I heard that world ! nuf said


Movie: Almost Famous
Song: Elton John - Tiny dancer
Am not a big fan of the movie, but when it came to this scene i was just flabbergasted. nothing sums up the live in the moment feel of the movie like this, after all the shit they have been through ...
"You Are Home !"


Movie: Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Song: CeCe Peniston - Finally
*munch* *munch* y-y yeah-eah, yeah-eah Uh-uh-oh-oh yeah-yeah-ow cracks me up every time, actually there are a bunch of nutty moments in this one.


Movie: Wayne's world
Song: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
rockage and stupidity, Schwing!



Movie: Dirty dancing
Song: Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes - The Time of My Life
I swear back in the 80's they had the highly infectious dancing bug, whenever someone starts dancing some how there are a dozen others who follow his suite shortly for no apparent reason, plus that "I can impregnate the crowd with my eyes" look at around 2:10 is the mutt's nuts !

Movie:Flash dance
Song: Michael Sembello - Maniac & Irene Cara - What a feeling
I wonder how many twisted ankles those 2 routines caused ... that bloody panel is a classic especially the one trying to hide her excitement. Random fact of the day you know that part where she is spinning on the floor (2:11) thats a guy by the way, sorry if I damaged any fantasies out there


Movie: 8 Mile
Song: B-Rabbit vs. papa doc freestyle

1, 2, 3 and to the 4
1 pac , 2 pac, 3 pac, 4
4 pac, 3 pac, 2 pac, 1
You're pac, he's pac, no pacs, none
It's all been said there is lil left to be done
HOLLA !

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • All good ones, of course, but I expected to see some Rocky Horror Picture Show in there somewhere. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5/11/07 18:42  

  • So you're the infamous BamBam? LOL

    Actually, I was expecting to hear "I can't wait to be king" from the Lion King. I don't know why, but that song has been stuck in my head for 3 days now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6/11/07 02:32  

  • Nice choices..My favorites are:
    Bare necessities from Jungle Book,
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o
    and this one from Oliver and company:http://youtube.com/watch?v=82plwrBlabg
    :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6/11/07 08:02  

  • hehe rocky horror is not there for the sole reason that i never got around to finish the whole movie :P

    :P if there is one that i should put for the lion king it would be hakuna matada or however u write that one ...

    thnx noura, funny i don't even know that second cartoon, so i guess its pretty evident that musical stitches are mainly played out in the cartoon realm

    By Blogger No_Angel, At 6/11/07 11:02  

  • i love all of them,i sing some of them la hala2,, what came on my mind while watching those:

    Shake a tail feather - Ray Charles, Blues Brothers
    Xanadu - Olivia Newton John, Xanadu
    Fame movie

    btw, oliver and company has special memories and my friends always thought its oliver twist

    By Blogger Tala, At 7/11/07 01:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home